Saturday, March 21, 2009

Journey to Taos, New Mexico #1

Mushim told me about the POC Meditation Retreat and as I read about it, I immediately knew that I would be unable to go, but I expressed by pleasure that such an event was possible. As if explaining to a young child, Mushim sent me another e-mail further discussing the beauty and opportunity of the retreat. I read it with pleasure at the idea of the event, but was unclear why she sent me more information. I had already decided that I knew I couldn't attend. After all, I'm a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom, whose husband is solidly working class (i.e. our money is small and tight). Early Saturday morning, approximately 1:00 am, while I was sharing a conversation with a dear friend about the struggle of faith, I it occurred to me that I COULD GO. Before fear clouded my mind I sent Mushim an e-mail saying, I would attend, Inshallah. Inshallah, I will. I've sent an e-mail and left a message for the administrator asking for a sliding scale fee for the retreat and I am WILLING. Inshallah, the "How am I going to do this?" will come.

1 comment:

  1. I will be so happy when we are sitting together in the beautiful "lodge" meditation hall at Vallecitos, listening to the whirr of hummingbird wings outside!

    ReplyDelete